Friday, May 18, 2012

Tips for Staying Lean And Green over the weekend

For most of us, eating lean, clean, and green is easy to do during the week, but the weekend GETS US!  We have worked hard all week and all we want to do is RELAX, go to parties, and NOT think about anything.  Me, I absolutely HATE cooking, especially when the weekend comes!  But, I also don't want to undo all the hard work I just put in over the week!  So, even though I don't like doing it, I will be cooking this weekend, ensuring that I don't undo my work.  I also have a party to go to.  What do you usually take to a party?  Sweets, chips?  Well, you can still take those things, just make them clean!  In place of potato chips, make sweet potato chips or kale chips. There are numerous recipes online that I have found.  All it takes is a little research! This also has helped me stay on track.  If you want to take more than one item to your party or cookout, do it!  Do WHATEVER it takes to stay LEAN, CLEAN, and GREEN!  My most recent recipe, which was a huge hit, was pumpkin chocolate chip muffins!  Even my kids loved them!  I found it on pinterest and made tweaks to it so that it would be clean! Here is the address if you are interested! Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe - Allrecipes.com 


Another person who helps me quite often with recipes is fitfoodjunkie!  She has amazing reciepes!  I have tried her banana bread, brussels sprouts, and will soon try Pink Heart Cookies that she found on Pure2Raw's website!  Follow her! http://fitfoodjunkie.com/ Not only does she help with recipes, she gives fit tips and throws in some challenges for you as well!  She has been a great TIU (ToneItUP) sister to me!


Also, just keep in mind that you want 4 oz of lean protein with lunch and dinner and green veggies!  for your in-between snacks, go to fruit or 2Tbs of CLEAN peanut butter and of course, veggies and hummus!  And never forget your H2O!  Water is very important for your body!  Make sure get in at least half of your body weight! So that means, if I weigh 127 lbs, my minimum water intake will be 64 (yes, I rounded up) oz.  Right now, I am over 100 oz of water.  This like eating clean and working out becomes habit!  I actually crave water!  Here are some tips to help you gulp it down!  And fruit, today my water has strawberries and a lime in it!  It is so delicious!  Drink coconut water, I hard time with it myself, but I love Zico's chocoloate coconut water!  Especially when it's ice cold and after a workout!  Tomorrow, I will be walking for our Heros (10miles).  I am sure there will be LOTS of Choc. Zico consumed by my family!


So, Let me know how you did over the weekend! And if this has helped you at all!  I'm new to blogging and want to help anyone I can become healthier and fit!  Also, let me know what you would like to see me blog about!  Have a GREAT LEAN, CLEAN, and GREEN weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment