Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Try Something New!

Are you stuck in a rut with your workout routine or diet?  Try something new!  If you always walk, put in a few minutes of running every 1/2 mile.  If you use weights, up them!  Not only will small changes to your workouts keep them fresh, it will also change your body!

Diet rut?  How about adding some plain Greek yogurt with a banana and strawberries!  Plain rice cakes?  Add some Conserve on it!  This not only gives your taste buds a change, it will also satisfy your sweet tooth!

It is important for us to change up our routines for two reasons:
1. Changing your workouts will keep you from getting bored with them, which will help ensure you continue to work out.  The added benefit, is in watching your definition change!
2. If we do not change and spice up our diet, we will get bored and more apt to give up on clean eating.  I have fallen victim to this issue many times!

So, get out there and try something new!  While your at it, invite a friend!

My something new was participating in the Color Run last Saturday!  I am always intimidated by runners, but I did my best and kept going!  I had my husband and daughter participating with me so that made it even more fun!  The glow run is coming to my town in about two months, I think I may have to sign up for that as well! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment