Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Vacationing and staying on track!

Vacation is for rest, relaxation, and throwing all your healthy habits away right?  WRONG!!!!!!!  Some folks think it's impossible to stay on track while vacationing and I am here to tell you that you can!  I was recently in an area where the meals are almost always deep fried foods as well as meat and potatoes with every meal!  A vegetable cooked healthy is unspeakable!  And don't even mention the words working out!  I was there for four days and ended up losing at least a pound!  Yes, I had a couple meals that were not so great and definitely at the wrong time of day, but hey, I still left a loser!  How you ask?  I woke up and worked out and burned some major calories.  At least the resort I was at had a pretty good gym and I went to the grocery store!  My room didn't have a refrigerator or a microwave but I made due!  I bought organic and clean food that did not need refrigerated or heated up!  Tuna in water, salsa, pop chips, oatmeal, and of course fruit!!!!!  I kept my portion sizes to normal size and dinner would typically be a salad with some protein!  So what if the place you choose doesn't have a gym?  Get out and go for a walk/run for some cardio and use your room as the gym! If you don't want to use the furniture, use YouTube to find body weight workouts.  A good site to use is www.toneitup.com as well as www.gofitgals.com. So what about food?  Take my lead, go to the grocery store and shop!  Make sure to read your labels!!!!  Make sure it's clean ingredients and the label will also tell you the serving size.  But also ensure to have fun, rest, and relax!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment